Monday, May 15, 2017

Graduation Cards

2017 Graduation Cards


I admit I struggle with making masculine cards.  I knew I needed to make my teenage nephews graduation cards for a long time.  I kept putting it off though not having any really good ideas.  I finally broke out the Large Number framelits knowing that I could use them for the 2017.  Both nephews have red as one of their school colors.  It was a really good thing I had some red foil sheets from Christmas left over.  I thought that glimmer paper for the guys just wasn't right for this occasion.  I used the word Graduation from the Thoughtful Banners Stamp set to stamp the background.  I used night of navy ink on night of navy cardstock.  I think it is a subtle design.  The numbers are 2 inches tall so I cut a 2 inch wide piece of whisper white to use as the banner and punched both ends with the triple banner punch. This was a pretty easy peasy card to make and I think it looks pretty classy.  I want to share with you the sentiment I wrote inside : 
"You have Brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose."~ by Dr Seuss~
I just love Dr. Suess and what an appropriate sentiment for a graduate.  



Made with:
Night of navy ink
Night of navy cardstock
Whisper white cardstock 
Red foil sheets
Large number framelits
Triple banner punch
Thoughtful banner stamps


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment